Saturday, March 19, 2005

Two men had a baby...

Two men had a baby. How? it wasn't easy that's for sure. A woman asked us how long she's been in our lives today. We looked at each other. Smiling I said, "since she was born 16 months ago." "Oh," the surprised woman said. "She's adopted so I wondered how old she was when she arrived in your arms?" i thought that was a wonderful question. Wrong. but wonderful just the same. "We worked with a surrogate mother," I said. "Her mother lives in...." I had to think about it for a minute..."she lives in Texas now. Yes, that's it. Texas." Strange. It's strange. Strange to have a child with a mother and I had to think of where she lived. We are close. We were close. I thought. Maybe just not as close as I thought. Someday Lilly will wonder where she came from. Two men had a baby. How? She just might ask. "You have a mother," I'll say, "a surrogate mother named Michelle. She lives in Texas. I think."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Mike!

For a long, long time, I was feeling really good, but lately I have been extremely sensitive. This entry brought tears to my eyes and somehow, I am just not sure exactly why.

~Tanya

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home