Saturday, July 02, 2005

Luther Vandross...

I saw Luther on Oprah last year. I think it was last year. He had suffered his stroke and was in rehab. What an amazing talent. His back-up singers still used to visit him to sing every week. The Power of Love. A favorite of mine.

Death is beyond strange. Something should happen when we die. The earth should stand still. A sound. A noise. Something. But nothing stops. If it did we’d be nowhere. I know.

I didn’t know him at all. Never met him. Never saw a concert. He could have been a wonderful person. He could have been nasty. I’ll never know. But I loved his music. His voice. His words.

Rest in peace Luther. Rest in peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

i feel the same way ....

i know his death will affect many ... like when we heard about Princess Diana or JFK, Jr. ... despite never having met them.

Luther had a gift ... which he shared with the world.

he WILL be missed.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home