New Paltz
We made it. Safe and sound. New paltz is going to take some getting used too. Walmart isn’t 10 minutes away. No Target. That’s in Poughkeepsie. School will be an hour drive 2 nights a week. Oy. But. It’s gorgeous here.
I’m not feeling too happy. My shrink said it’s because moving isn’t fun. It’s shit awful. She said. I miss her. Talking on the phone isn’t the same. Helps. But not the same.
Boxes multiply. They do. They procreate when we aren’t looking. It’s true.
The house is okay. It’s a small ranch. If I knew how to take pictures and post them I would. Alas. I’m a computer dork. Lilly loves being on one level. Hide and seek is her favorite.
I need to mourn. That’s what they say. I need time to get over our move. Losing friends. Our home. My internships. I’m tired of mourning. I want to be happy. To feel happy. I see other people who are “happy.” I worry that I’ve forgotten what it feels like. Is that possible?
Time. It all takes time. That’s what I know. The thing is time goes by. I can’t re-live the minute it took me to write this. I’m glad that I did. But I can’t get it back. Live in the moment. Moment by moment. But what if the moment is sad? I still live it.
New supreme court nominee is what Bush promised. Conservative Judge. Not gay friendly. Not pro choice. Scary times we live in. Very scary times. Why must we all have an agenda and not simply follow the constitution in our laws? It would make life a lot simpler.
I’m not feeling too happy. My shrink said it’s because moving isn’t fun. It’s shit awful. She said. I miss her. Talking on the phone isn’t the same. Helps. But not the same.
Boxes multiply. They do. They procreate when we aren’t looking. It’s true.
The house is okay. It’s a small ranch. If I knew how to take pictures and post them I would. Alas. I’m a computer dork. Lilly loves being on one level. Hide and seek is her favorite.
I need to mourn. That’s what they say. I need time to get over our move. Losing friends. Our home. My internships. I’m tired of mourning. I want to be happy. To feel happy. I see other people who are “happy.” I worry that I’ve forgotten what it feels like. Is that possible?
Time. It all takes time. That’s what I know. The thing is time goes by. I can’t re-live the minute it took me to write this. I’m glad that I did. But I can’t get it back. Live in the moment. Moment by moment. But what if the moment is sad? I still live it.
New supreme court nominee is what Bush promised. Conservative Judge. Not gay friendly. Not pro choice. Scary times we live in. Very scary times. Why must we all have an agenda and not simply follow the constitution in our laws? It would make life a lot simpler.

1 Comments:
moving sucks, doesn't it? especially when you've been in one place for a long time. i know people say that a "home" is where ever you live .. but it's easy to get attached to a house .. when you've put time into the decoration, yard, etc.
get a digital camera .. take pictures .. load them into the computer and use blogger to upload. it's easy and if you need help let me know. i'd love to see pics of Lilly.
and as far as happy? i don't think i ever knew what happy was .. so it is possible.
don't forget YOUNG conservative. meaning if he gets through the process he'll be seated for a very long time. it is scary.
bush is scary.
Post a Comment
<< Home