Thursday, August 25, 2005

Psychobabble...

Last night of summer class. Last night. Did that make sense? Who cares.

Group projects! Hate ‘em! We watched the movie “ordinary people.” Extraordinary film. Mary Tyler Moore blows your socklettes off. Awesome flick. Really. Four of us in group. Two guys, 2 girls. Love Marie.

Did you ever meet someone and just know that they were gay? I have. They didn’t. Probably still don’t. That’s a guy in class. More feminine than Jessica Simpson but he has a “girlfriend.” Yeah, so do I. For some reason I always think that southern men are homos. I don’t know why. The lisp and the accent together just send me over the edge. Imagine hearing this statement coming out of the mouth of a straight guy: “Oh, dear, my allergies are so awful this time of the year that I just get besides myself.”

Yes. Friends. Those are the words of a “straight” man.

Anyway. I digress. Before our short presentation from Hell on holy earth. James hands his “paper” around to the group. He never emailed it to us like we did ours. Nope. It was a super duper surprise. Supposed to be about 2 pages. His? 6. Six pages. Show off.

Did you ever read something and not have a clue what you just read? His paper ended – 6 pages don’t forget –with this line. I read it last night. I read it this morning. David read it last night too. He figured it out. Took him about 10 minutes to decipher. I still have no clue what I read. Here it is:

“If the intergeneration syndrome of naïve optimism and over-identification with a single family member is to be broken, this truly might be the opportunity.”

That kids is classic Psychobabble. I think he should be in MSW school. Or slapped. Whichever you prefer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

LOL

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home