The Truth...
I told the truth today. It didn’t go well at all. Someone played games with me. Pretended to be someone that they weren’t. I outed them. Publically. I outed them. I told them that I had seen what they had written on a web site before they had a chance to erase it. They wrote and erased three times. Pretending to be someone else. I saw what they wrote. Three times. I saw what they wrote. But they ended by pretending to be someone else. Why were they playing games? Why were they behaving so strangely? To protect themselves and their “anonymity” I was told.
It’s never easy to tell the truth. No one really likes the truth, do they? The truth is great if you’re not trying to keep a secret. If you’re trying to keep a secret that truth always seems to be one step away. One lie leads to another lie leads to another lie.
I don’t like games. I don’t play games.
I actually felt guilty about what I had done all evening. They claim to have been threatened by someone online. Someone threatened their life? Then why are they still online? Why are they here? Go protect your family. It’s a surrogacy web site not a matter of national security for f’s sake. I felt responsible for their actions. Why? Why did they play me for a fool? I realize now that they are responsible for their actions. Not me. It’s so hard to tell the truth. Why? Because of crap like this.
It’s never easy to tell the truth. No one really likes the truth, do they? The truth is great if you’re not trying to keep a secret. If you’re trying to keep a secret that truth always seems to be one step away. One lie leads to another lie leads to another lie.
I don’t like games. I don’t play games.
I actually felt guilty about what I had done all evening. They claim to have been threatened by someone online. Someone threatened their life? Then why are they still online? Why are they here? Go protect your family. It’s a surrogacy web site not a matter of national security for f’s sake. I felt responsible for their actions. Why? Why did they play me for a fool? I realize now that they are responsible for their actions. Not me. It’s so hard to tell the truth. Why? Because of crap like this.

2 Comments:
i have never understood why people play games on the internet? because they feel powerless? because they can be anonymous ... and do or say things they wouldn't have the courage to do otherwise?
i've come across this phenomena several times in my decade on the internet. every time it happens i'm dumbfounded ....
i have really HAD a net stalker .. i called the police and filed reports. i had disks of death threats ... emails .. etc. and you're right. you don't *hide* ~ you do what you need to do and take care of it.
YOU are not responsible for their actions. you know this. it's not hard to tell the truth. it's only hard for liars.
Raven, thank you.
Post a Comment
<< Home