Friday, September 09, 2005

The blame game...

The blame game has begun. It's being played before my eyes. I'm in disbelief. I don't blame Bush. I don't blame him at all. I despise the man and think he's a moron, but I don't blame him for Katrina and the devastation to New Orleans. I think that's ridiculous.

He's the President of the US of A. If he dealt in the minutia of every day life in every single state in this country he would never survive. It was the state of Lousiana who is at fault for what happened. The govenor. The mayor. The chief of police. Fire. Rescue. Those are the people to hold responsible. Not Bush.

He's a leader. He cannot do everything on his own. He has to rely on people to do their jobs. To look out for their citizens. When NYC faces a blizzard does Bush call Bloomberg to make sure he's got everything in place? Does he call Hillary and ask if she's help set aside federal funding? Does he call Pataki and ask him? I doubt it. When Florida faces hurricane after hurricane after hurricane does Bush call everyone there? Maybe. His brother is Gov. But do they receive "special" treatment? No. I don't believe that they do.

I'm sorry for the mayor of New Orleans. I'm sorry for the devastation. I'm sorry that the flood waters came in. He knew the could. Everyone who hasn't lived under a rock knows that New Orleans is under sea level. It's not rocket science. I'm sorry that the feds cut back on funding/budgets. They didn't just cut back on New Orleans. If I were an elected official in New Orleans and I heard that a category 4 storm was bearing down on me you better believe I would raise holy hell and alert the Pope if I had to in order to protect my fellow citizens and get them the hell out of there. I don't know what George was supposed to do?

But. It's easy to take pot shots at him. Too easy. I won't do it. It's not right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home