Saturday, June 18, 2005

Rambling...

I’ve always admired Hillary Clinton. I have no idea how she tolerated her cheating, lying, husband for so many years without kicking him to their million dollar curb, but I have always admired and respected her.

Every single time someone attacks her she comes back fighting just as hard. She’s a fighter. A woman in a man’s ugly world. She holds her own. That, I guess, stirs up fear in a lot of people. In an interview I saw the other day she said, “You know, it bothers me that our government claims to constantly be broke. No money for the poor, for education, for health care, for our elderly, for our infirm, for our children, yet we seem to be able to find billions upon billions of dollars for a senseless war. That bothers me a great deal.” Amen.

A recent article in the newspaper bothered me though. It said she’s still considering running for President. I hope to God that she doesn’t.

The Bush legacy will continue unless a Democrat gets into that office. Hillary, I fear, won’t be able to do it. Too polarized. Either you love her or you hate her. There is no grey area.

Anyone following the Patriot Act? You know the one where big brother can watch your every move? It’s really cool. They can see what library books you’re looking at. Where you go online. Who you are. What you buy. Why you buy it. Wow. Big brother really is watching. I wonder what they are doing with all that information? What are they looking for? Who are they watching? What if you disagree with them? All in the name of freedom and national security. Who are we watching and why? Who is the enemy? Me or Osama? Hmmmm. Oh, by the way, I read yesterday that Osama isn’t in Afghanistan anymore. Nope. He’s gone. We know where Saddam is though. In his underwear. Where’s Osama? Isn’t that what this war is all about? Oh. Never mind. We really don't know what this war is about other than making other people "free."

I shouldn’t worry. The government always has my best interest at heart. Right? The Patriot Act is made to make me feel safe. Secure. Happy. Then I'll spend money and buy things and make our economy better and better. Oh. Wait. I can't afford a house on a Dr's salary. I better rethink that. The Gov't only wants what’s best for me. Oh. No. Wait. They want a constitutional amendment banning my constitutional rights. Oops. I’ll have to rethink that.

I used to be a democrat who liked the dem’s stance on social issues but leaned more republican in my fiscal and economic beliefs. That has changed. Really changed. I’m starting to seriously doubt government period.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Mike,
I think the key to Hillary running, is her running mate. I think Hill and maybe Oprah? I don't think men are ready for a female president, but I am!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Cindy, you could very well be right about the running mate. He, yes he, I think, would have to be very, very, strong and secure as he would be in her limelight constantly. Kind of like being married to Cher.

Oprah would be awesome but she's said flat out that politics aren't for her.

I say Anne Richards, former gov. of texas, should run although she's getting up there in years and is quite fiesty.

We're off for the day to go expensive, overpriced, house shopping! If I knew how to post pictures I would share one of two. We'll see. I'll have to drop Raven an email.

8:31 AM  
Blogger CrackerLilo said...

I would be a Republican if they got back to being the party that could produce an Abraham Lincoln and *truly* cared about such a thing as "small government." I have taken to calling most of today's Republicans "Big Government Republicans" to illustrate what they really are.

Blessed be!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home