You never know...
You never know who you’ll meet. That I know for sure.
We toured the 150 year old Victorian yesterday. Gorgeous. Terribly overpriced, yet gorgeous. Needs some work on the outside. A Lot of work on the outside. Our realtor, whom I LOVE is a buyer’s agent. She works for us. Only us. I love it. First words out of her mouth were, “Oh. No. This is lovely but terribly, terribly, overpriced and I see a lot of issues already.”
The owners? A former cop who is now a writer. First novel published is No Lights, No Sirens. Haven’t read it yet but I have a signed copy. HBO created a series around the book. Coming this Fall. He’s moving to LA to be a creative consultant on the show. How cool is that? Nice guy. High strung. A little arrogant. Most of us are. But a nice guy. I wish him nothing but luck. Writing a book, publishing a book, publicizing a book, having a book made into a tv series is fun. Not easy. But fun. Someone else gets in control. They have authority. Not me. Not him. Not easy. He said he’d bee on the Fox News Channel soon. They are coming for an interview.
It looks like we’ll be renting a house for a few months. It wasn’t an easy decision. Well, actually it was as of yesterday. New Paltz. That’s where we’ll try living for a while. Anyway. Gay friendly. We got hitched there last spring. Close to work and an hour and a half by train to Manhattan. Love it. So far. We’ll see. Our landlord is a card carrying lesbian. How ironic is that? Moving day will probably be mid-July. God willing. House is fully furnished. All we need are clothes, kid, crib, cat, dog and some esstentails. Poof. We're gone.
It's Father's Day. Doesn’t feel like it. Laundry, cleaning, groceries, writing a paper for class, blogging. Same old. Same old. I just get to kiss my daughter tonight and wish her happy dreams of clouds, angels, ice cream cones and lots of giggles. That’s what father’s day is about. Every day. Not just today.
We toured the 150 year old Victorian yesterday. Gorgeous. Terribly overpriced, yet gorgeous. Needs some work on the outside. A Lot of work on the outside. Our realtor, whom I LOVE is a buyer’s agent. She works for us. Only us. I love it. First words out of her mouth were, “Oh. No. This is lovely but terribly, terribly, overpriced and I see a lot of issues already.”
The owners? A former cop who is now a writer. First novel published is No Lights, No Sirens. Haven’t read it yet but I have a signed copy. HBO created a series around the book. Coming this Fall. He’s moving to LA to be a creative consultant on the show. How cool is that? Nice guy. High strung. A little arrogant. Most of us are. But a nice guy. I wish him nothing but luck. Writing a book, publishing a book, publicizing a book, having a book made into a tv series is fun. Not easy. But fun. Someone else gets in control. They have authority. Not me. Not him. Not easy. He said he’d bee on the Fox News Channel soon. They are coming for an interview.
It looks like we’ll be renting a house for a few months. It wasn’t an easy decision. Well, actually it was as of yesterday. New Paltz. That’s where we’ll try living for a while. Anyway. Gay friendly. We got hitched there last spring. Close to work and an hour and a half by train to Manhattan. Love it. So far. We’ll see. Our landlord is a card carrying lesbian. How ironic is that? Moving day will probably be mid-July. God willing. House is fully furnished. All we need are clothes, kid, crib, cat, dog and some esstentails. Poof. We're gone.
It's Father's Day. Doesn’t feel like it. Laundry, cleaning, groceries, writing a paper for class, blogging. Same old. Same old. I just get to kiss my daughter tonight and wish her happy dreams of clouds, angels, ice cream cones and lots of giggles. That’s what father’s day is about. Every day. Not just today.

1 Comments:
happy Father's Day to you and David.
xo
Post a Comment
<< Home