Blah...
It's been forever since I've updated my blog. But. Life is life. Some new things. Some old.
We moved. Again. Ugh. If you want to punish someone for something make them move. Forget prison. Make 'em move twice in one year. Yep. That's the ticket. Hate it. Nice house. Nice neighborhood. Still not gentrified. Loving it so far.
School is school. I hate it. Done with it. Tired of it. Mentally I'm done with it. But. At least another semester for sure. Some "therapist's" are jerks. Some "mental health professionals" have more hang-ups than their clients. Some "social workers" think they know it all. Shut up. That's what I've started saying to "them" in class. Just. Shut. Up. They love to label. Whip out that DSM-IV TR and start writing down numbers and labels. Fuck you. You're a label too. Ever been labelled? Not fun. Ever been assessed? Not fun. Ever had some wing-nut, know-it-all-ass sit across from you and tell you that you are something that you aren't? Not fun. Shut up. Don't read into it. Just. Shut. Up. And. Listen. To. Me. Sounds easy. But. For many in the "field" it's really really hard to do.
I think every mental health professional should be diagnosed with every single disorder in the DSM. Yep. That's what I think.
I'm grumpy today. Tough.
Why do people want to fix people? Why if someone is sad to do they want the person to be happy? If I'm sad. I'm sad. Is that wrong? Is that bad? No. It's not. It's normal. If I were happy all the time you'd ask what drug I was taking and where you could get some. What is normal? Are you normal? I'm not. Was in the DSM not that long ago. Nice. Shut. Up.
I read something about forgiveness the other night. I had to smirk. How do I forgive them for what they've done to me? That was the question. Well. Here's the thing. I'm not sure. Some say you have to forgive yourself first. Then. You can forgive others. Forgive yourself? Yep. Some say you let it happen to you so forgive yourself first. Unless you were forced into it. That is. You chose. You offered. You put yourself out there. Ah. Responsibility. Not fun. It's always all about you.
Lastly. Our former land lady was/is in the DSM-IV TR. Dependent Personality Disorder. I just realized it the other night. Labels. Hate them. Love them. Need them. Can't live with them. Can't live without them. She couldn't make up her mind without talking to her girlfriend first. Took four days to reach a "decision" and then it was "maybe" "I think" "I'm not sure" Simple decisions took days. The thing is. Her girlfriend must have something too. Right? If her girlfriend is dependent then what's her pay off? Interesting.
Later taters.
We moved. Again. Ugh. If you want to punish someone for something make them move. Forget prison. Make 'em move twice in one year. Yep. That's the ticket. Hate it. Nice house. Nice neighborhood. Still not gentrified. Loving it so far.
School is school. I hate it. Done with it. Tired of it. Mentally I'm done with it. But. At least another semester for sure. Some "therapist's" are jerks. Some "mental health professionals" have more hang-ups than their clients. Some "social workers" think they know it all. Shut up. That's what I've started saying to "them" in class. Just. Shut. Up. They love to label. Whip out that DSM-IV TR and start writing down numbers and labels. Fuck you. You're a label too. Ever been labelled? Not fun. Ever been assessed? Not fun. Ever had some wing-nut, know-it-all-ass sit across from you and tell you that you are something that you aren't? Not fun. Shut up. Don't read into it. Just. Shut. Up. And. Listen. To. Me. Sounds easy. But. For many in the "field" it's really really hard to do.
I think every mental health professional should be diagnosed with every single disorder in the DSM. Yep. That's what I think.
I'm grumpy today. Tough.
Why do people want to fix people? Why if someone is sad to do they want the person to be happy? If I'm sad. I'm sad. Is that wrong? Is that bad? No. It's not. It's normal. If I were happy all the time you'd ask what drug I was taking and where you could get some. What is normal? Are you normal? I'm not. Was in the DSM not that long ago. Nice. Shut. Up.
I read something about forgiveness the other night. I had to smirk. How do I forgive them for what they've done to me? That was the question. Well. Here's the thing. I'm not sure. Some say you have to forgive yourself first. Then. You can forgive others. Forgive yourself? Yep. Some say you let it happen to you so forgive yourself first. Unless you were forced into it. That is. You chose. You offered. You put yourself out there. Ah. Responsibility. Not fun. It's always all about you.
Lastly. Our former land lady was/is in the DSM-IV TR. Dependent Personality Disorder. I just realized it the other night. Labels. Hate them. Love them. Need them. Can't live with them. Can't live without them. She couldn't make up her mind without talking to her girlfriend first. Took four days to reach a "decision" and then it was "maybe" "I think" "I'm not sure" Simple decisions took days. The thing is. Her girlfriend must have something too. Right? If her girlfriend is dependent then what's her pay off? Interesting.
Later taters.


1 Comments:
((( hugs )))
Mike ....
i would agree with the moving thing. i hate moving!!! i'd die if i had to move again right now ... as much as i'm unhappy with where i live and the living situation ... i'd hate it to have to move again.
h.a.t.e i.t.
you know i've always wanted to be a therapist .. but i never thought of the things you're referring to. i guess people do label one another. oh she's OCD .. or he's ADHD ... he's bipolar / ocd / with a side of ADD ....
i have been assessed ...
i agree with you too ... why do we have to put this fake personna on all the time? if i'm in a bad mood ... so what? that's human. not every single person is happy happy joy joy 24/7 365 and if they are .. they are a Stepford Wife or something cuz it's just not normal.
about forgiveness ... i look at it this way ... forgiving means: FOR GIVING UP THE IDEA THAT THE PAST WILL EVER BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT. for me to forgive someone who wronged me .. means that i accept that the past and what happened will never change .... and that my acceptance of that means i won't dwell on it anymore. it does not necessarily mean i tell the person that it's "okay what they did" ... i can forgive someone and never talk to them again because what they did was so horrible ... it just means i've taken the burden off my shoulders.
make sense?
you're awesome.
how is David and Lily?
Post a Comment
<< Home