Strange...
Life is very strange to me sometimes. You?
A few years ago we had a nice group of friends. A little gay coffee clutch if you will. About 6 people – one of which – no make that 2 of which were straight. A real hodge podge of people. I used to call us the land of misfit toys. Last Sunday brunch. Long weekends in the Hamptons. Phone calls. Emails. Then came Lilly. Now nothing. Two have moved to Denver. 1 is still where I used to work. Poor thing. The others? I have no clue. Strange.
I’ve heard new parents say the same kind of thing. Where did all our friends go? No more last minute dinners in Huntington. No more last minute movie invites in Carle Place. No more quick come over for some coffee I need to vent invites. Kids do us in. I guess. Strange.
I miss them. Sometimes. This morning for some reason. Saw one of their screen names on my buddy list. Should I say hi? Should I write? Do they see me? Why aren’t they writing? Poof. They are gone. Did they see me and leave? LoL. Oh. The mind. It’s a terrible thing to lose. Haven’t missed them in a long time. Most of them didn’t want us to have a child. Isn’t that strange. Why? Because they are gay and so are we. Strange.
Had an IM pop up on screen from someone I haven’t heard from in months yesterday. I ignored it. That was rude. I know. But I wasn’t in the mood. I played hooky. From everything. Didn’t need the drama. She always has drama. Her drama. Blah blah blah and then poof. She’s gone. No how are you. How are things? The IM actually asked about me. Wow. Narcissistic personality disorder. Curable? I didn’t know. Strange.
My publisher keeps sending me links and articles that are advertising my book that isn’t done yet. It’s coming in the Spring of 2006. Doncha’ know. I haven’t seen the manuscript in nearly 8 months. But, it’s being published in the spring of 2006. Shouldn’t I finish the book and then advertise that it’s done? I guess not. Apparently not. I wonder if anyone is even ordering the damn thing. I wouldn’t. Not yet. Strange.
It’s strange to read about something that I wrote that I haven’t seen or finished writing yet. Will anyone buy it? I hate the title already. “A Gay Couples Journey through Surrogacy: Intended Fathers.” I wanted it to be “Intended Fathers.” The publisher disagreed. I’m no Joan Collins so they won. Strange.
We’re looking at a big ‘ol Victorian home this weekend near New Paltz. Love New Paltz. That’s where we had our ceremony last year. “You are fantasizing” David’s brother Tom said on the phone last night. “It’s not fun living in a 150 year old home. You should build.” Funny. I’ve heard of people getting divorced because they built, or tried to build, a home together. That’s not fun either. As long as we know what we’re getting into. I said. It’s not fantasizing about anything. Is it? Strange.
Life is strange. Isn’t it?
A few years ago we had a nice group of friends. A little gay coffee clutch if you will. About 6 people – one of which – no make that 2 of which were straight. A real hodge podge of people. I used to call us the land of misfit toys. Last Sunday brunch. Long weekends in the Hamptons. Phone calls. Emails. Then came Lilly. Now nothing. Two have moved to Denver. 1 is still where I used to work. Poor thing. The others? I have no clue. Strange.
I’ve heard new parents say the same kind of thing. Where did all our friends go? No more last minute dinners in Huntington. No more last minute movie invites in Carle Place. No more quick come over for some coffee I need to vent invites. Kids do us in. I guess. Strange.
I miss them. Sometimes. This morning for some reason. Saw one of their screen names on my buddy list. Should I say hi? Should I write? Do they see me? Why aren’t they writing? Poof. They are gone. Did they see me and leave? LoL. Oh. The mind. It’s a terrible thing to lose. Haven’t missed them in a long time. Most of them didn’t want us to have a child. Isn’t that strange. Why? Because they are gay and so are we. Strange.
Had an IM pop up on screen from someone I haven’t heard from in months yesterday. I ignored it. That was rude. I know. But I wasn’t in the mood. I played hooky. From everything. Didn’t need the drama. She always has drama. Her drama. Blah blah blah and then poof. She’s gone. No how are you. How are things? The IM actually asked about me. Wow. Narcissistic personality disorder. Curable? I didn’t know. Strange.
My publisher keeps sending me links and articles that are advertising my book that isn’t done yet. It’s coming in the Spring of 2006. Doncha’ know. I haven’t seen the manuscript in nearly 8 months. But, it’s being published in the spring of 2006. Shouldn’t I finish the book and then advertise that it’s done? I guess not. Apparently not. I wonder if anyone is even ordering the damn thing. I wouldn’t. Not yet. Strange.
It’s strange to read about something that I wrote that I haven’t seen or finished writing yet. Will anyone buy it? I hate the title already. “A Gay Couples Journey through Surrogacy: Intended Fathers.” I wanted it to be “Intended Fathers.” The publisher disagreed. I’m no Joan Collins so they won. Strange.
We’re looking at a big ‘ol Victorian home this weekend near New Paltz. Love New Paltz. That’s where we had our ceremony last year. “You are fantasizing” David’s brother Tom said on the phone last night. “It’s not fun living in a 150 year old home. You should build.” Funny. I’ve heard of people getting divorced because they built, or tried to build, a home together. That’s not fun either. As long as we know what we’re getting into. I said. It’s not fantasizing about anything. Is it? Strange.
Life is strange. Isn’t it?

3 Comments:
Hi Mike,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. There is a group of us that gathers there daily.
You are more than welcome to join us anytime.
Take Care,
Blogzie
Blogzie, thank you. I will.
Mad, you know it's funny you say that. A therapist where I work is a lesbian with three kids who lives very close to us. But, (there's always a bug isn't there?)we're moving in a few weeks - we don't know where just yet (lol) but we're moving anyway.
We'll see how it goes. Oh,and thanks for saying that you'll buy my soon to be released yet unfinished book!
hehe ... remember the moive The Money Pit.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home