No...
No. It’s a simple word. Two letters. Short and sweet. One simple little two letter word. No big deal. Right? So why the hell is it so hard for me to say?
Most people don’t like the word no. They want to hear yes. Needs must be met. No is the last thing they want to hear. Have they ever been told no before? I know I have. Didn’t like it but it’s a fact of life. Not everything is yes. But it is if you knew me.
If I say yes I please everyone. Right? Your happy. She’s happy. He’s happy. They’re happy. But I’m not.
Saying yes means you’ll like me. Saying yes means you have power over me. I need you more than you need me. I need you right now more than you need me. So I can’t say No. I have to say Yes.
Not so much anymore.
Drop the price of your home by 10 thousand dollars! Answer: No.
Can you work Thursday night’s? Answer: No.
Can you look at more houses Sunday instead of Saturday? Answer: Yes.
Do you trust me to watch Lilly alone at night? Answer: No.
Can you work Thursday night’s again? Answer: No. Still No. Always No.
Can you take another summer class this term? Answer: No.
Will you cover my group for me again this week? Answer: No.
Next week? Answer: No.
Can you come in early this Friday? Answer: Probably, but No.
I’m learning. No. What a wonderful, wonderful, word.
Most people don’t like the word no. They want to hear yes. Needs must be met. No is the last thing they want to hear. Have they ever been told no before? I know I have. Didn’t like it but it’s a fact of life. Not everything is yes. But it is if you knew me.
If I say yes I please everyone. Right? Your happy. She’s happy. He’s happy. They’re happy. But I’m not.
Saying yes means you’ll like me. Saying yes means you have power over me. I need you more than you need me. I need you right now more than you need me. So I can’t say No. I have to say Yes.
Not so much anymore.
Drop the price of your home by 10 thousand dollars! Answer: No.
Can you work Thursday night’s? Answer: No.
Can you look at more houses Sunday instead of Saturday? Answer: Yes.
Do you trust me to watch Lilly alone at night? Answer: No.
Can you work Thursday night’s again? Answer: No. Still No. Always No.
Can you take another summer class this term? Answer: No.
Will you cover my group for me again this week? Answer: No.
Next week? Answer: No.
Can you come in early this Friday? Answer: Probably, but No.
I’m learning. No. What a wonderful, wonderful, word.


2 Comments:
Funny ~ I think it's a "favorite word" of 2-yr-olds. Maybe you used up all your "no's" at age 2 and have no more left.
i'm glad you're learning to say no and taking care of yourself!!
:)
Can I borrow the car???
Post a Comment
<< Home