Eustress...
Stress is stress. It’s generally bad. But eustress is good stress. Or so the text books say.
It’s stress but it’s not negative. Nope. It's good. Go figure. Feels like stress that's for sure. It’s not stress like a psychotic boss. I've had them. Hated it. It’s stress like having to pick between two good job offers.
I’m stressed. It’s good stress. But, damn it, I’m stressed.
Two good offers. Two different parts of the country. One near family (can be both horrific and good depending upon the mood and/or holiday). One is an hour from NYC. The other is 3 ½ hrs from NYC.
One gay friendly. One not so gay friendly. Maybe anonymous lives there?
One I could just transfer schools and keep all credits. The other transfer and take only 7 little credits with me. Not so good. I’d be a year behind all over again. Student loans? Oy.
One salary is better than the other. Not by much. But a little. For now. Give it three years and one has huge earning potential. The other good, but not nearly as much.
What to do. What to do.
How do I tell someone no because of something that I want? How do I tell someone no you can’t have what you want because I won’t get what I want?
Eustress. It’s good stress. But it’s still good ol’ stress. Making lists. Checking them twice. Making more lists. Doing some homework. Cognitive/Behavior modality of counseling. Never liked it. But, I’m getting used to it.
It’s stress but it’s not negative. Nope. It's good. Go figure. Feels like stress that's for sure. It’s not stress like a psychotic boss. I've had them. Hated it. It’s stress like having to pick between two good job offers.
I’m stressed. It’s good stress. But, damn it, I’m stressed.
Two good offers. Two different parts of the country. One near family (can be both horrific and good depending upon the mood and/or holiday). One is an hour from NYC. The other is 3 ½ hrs from NYC.
One gay friendly. One not so gay friendly. Maybe anonymous lives there?
One I could just transfer schools and keep all credits. The other transfer and take only 7 little credits with me. Not so good. I’d be a year behind all over again. Student loans? Oy.
One salary is better than the other. Not by much. But a little. For now. Give it three years and one has huge earning potential. The other good, but not nearly as much.
What to do. What to do.
How do I tell someone no because of something that I want? How do I tell someone no you can’t have what you want because I won’t get what I want?
Eustress. It’s good stress. But it’s still good ol’ stress. Making lists. Checking them twice. Making more lists. Doing some homework. Cognitive/Behavior modality of counseling. Never liked it. But, I’m getting used to it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home