Friday, April 08, 2005

Choices...

According to some I chose to be gay. They are usually straight. But somehow they know that I chose to be gay.

They didn’t choose to be straight. I chose to be gay.

Sexuality is a toss up to them. I guess.

I somehow experimented with both sexes and chose the gay lifestyle. I don’t remember it. But, some say that I did anyway.

They’ve never slept with the same sex. They’ve never chosen. But somehow they know I did.

Religion. Ah. God. Sinners. It’s okay to be gay. Just don’t act on the sin. Lie about it. It hurts. People will hate you for it later. But don’t sin. It’s not nice to sin. Just lie.

Straight men are the worst. Haters. A lot of them. Stirs up some feelings they had that they wish they didn’t. I think. Why else? Who cares? They do for some big reason. I want them they all seem to think. It’s all about sex after all. Don’t flatter yourself.

Special rights, women say. Is the right to vote a special right? If you’re a woman you didn’t have it all that long ago. Sorry. Men suck. You must like making less money than they do. You’re different. You’re not equal. Like me.

Black people will say it too. They didn’t have rights. Fought for rights. Died for rights. But it’s different. They didn’t choose to be black. Gay=Sin. Bible says so. If Bible said to jump off a bridge would they? I wonder. I wish.

Woman has the word “man” in it you know. Why aren’t you wo’s? A fellow “feminist” student of mine once asked in class. Made me laugh all the way home. Wo’s. Damn her shoes were ugly. Prada. But, ugly.

Vicious circle or so it seems. You have what I want so I’ll fight for it but you’ll have to fight for it too because you don’t deserve what I have even though I fought for it like you’re going to have to do. I am it. You chose it. Big difference.

Hate me. Doesn’t change me. Still going after 16 years together. Been called every single name in the book. Doesn’t work. Even in death I’m still gay or was gay. Doesn’t change it. Never will. Wasted emotion.

The trap is they hate me I hate them. Can’t fall into it.

Some say teens have it better now. Lots of role models. Stay in the closet if you want to work. That’s what Hollywood says. Ask Ellen. Too gay and you lose your job. Ask Rosie. TV? Forget it.

Nate is gay. Never knew it. Then disaster made it known. Women think he’s a “hottie.” Sex sells. But, not if you’re gay. Partner or friend? Big difference in Hollywood. Gay=no lusting=no viewers=no advertisers=no Nate. Shhh. It’s a secret.

Who is my role model? Everyone. I see me in everyone. Don’t always like it. That’s life.

2 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

(( hugs ))

i like you Mike. you're awesome. i'm glad i've gotten to know you ... i think it's phenomenal that you've been together 16 years .. most couples cannot achieve that ... that makes me in awe of you ...

10:28 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks Raven. Right back at ya!

I never thought I'd be in a relationship. Period. Let alone 16 years and have a child. It wasn't on my radar screen that long ago.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home