The Grizzly Man...
Documentary on the Discovery Channel. Good stuff. He lived with Grizzly bears in Alaska three months out of the year for 13 years. Or something. They ended up eating him and his girlfriend alive. Strange. I didn't get it. But what I did get was more powerful. "He changed," his parents said in their interview.
"He went to Hollywood to be an actor. He had dreams. Big dreams." They shared his pain. Torment. "He auditioned for the part of Woody on Cheers. Promises were made. Contracts weren't yet signed. Parties thrown. Congrats all around. Dreams become reality. Or do they? The day before contracts signed. They changed their mind. Devastation. Anger. Regret. Betrayal. I know the feeling.
10 years ago I had an idea. A good one. At that. What’s in the Attic? A show on antiques and collecting. We’ll air it. They said. Little old me? My little show? Yes. They said. Yes. Contracts weren’t yet signed. Parties were thrown. I had done it. I had made it. Attorney’s called. Contracts drawn up. Dreams lived. The next day devastation. Anger. Regret. Betrayal. I know. I felt them all.
Dreams don’t always come true. Have a dream? Try it. Just know they don’t all come true.
What’s worse? Having a dream and having it not come true? Having a dream and having it come true only to be taken away? I think. Having a dream and having it come true only to be taken away is worse. I know. I felt it.
"He went to Hollywood to be an actor. He had dreams. Big dreams." They shared his pain. Torment. "He auditioned for the part of Woody on Cheers. Promises were made. Contracts weren't yet signed. Parties thrown. Congrats all around. Dreams become reality. Or do they? The day before contracts signed. They changed their mind. Devastation. Anger. Regret. Betrayal. I know the feeling.
10 years ago I had an idea. A good one. At that. What’s in the Attic? A show on antiques and collecting. We’ll air it. They said. Little old me? My little show? Yes. They said. Yes. Contracts weren’t yet signed. Parties were thrown. I had done it. I had made it. Attorney’s called. Contracts drawn up. Dreams lived. The next day devastation. Anger. Regret. Betrayal. I know. I felt them all.
Dreams don’t always come true. Have a dream? Try it. Just know they don’t all come true.
What’s worse? Having a dream and having it not come true? Having a dream and having it come true only to be taken away? I think. Having a dream and having it come true only to be taken away is worse. I know. I felt it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home