Saturday, April 16, 2005

My Shrink...

She’s not exactly my favorite. So far anyway. I’ve liked all of them. My professors that is. Until Dr. Shlumpomo. She’s blind in one eye.

There’s something about her. Don’t know what it is. She parts her hair on one side. Big bang hanging down to hide it. The bad eye. I don’t think that works. Draws more attention. She’s blind. A Ph.D. even. Who cares? Silly isn’t it? Not the hair. Or the eye. But Me. 18 point font. That’s what we print in. Just for her.

I bitch. And bitch. And bitch. Then stew. Then talk. Who does she remind you of? My 70 year old shrink asked me last Monday.

Remind me of? I asked to stall for a minute or two. What do you mean? I knew.

Good question.

Does everyone I don’t like remind me of someone else who I don’t like?

Another good question. Another good stall. Nope. Didn’t work.

Can’t I just not like someone because I don’t like someone and they don’t remind me of someone that I already don’t like?

Okay. We’re getting there.

Why does it bother you so much that you don’t like her? That’s my shrink. Miriam. Always asking me questions I don’t want to answer. And I pay her to do it. What’s up with that? Why does it bother you that she doesn’t like you? Me? Yeah. You.

I want to be liked.

There. I said it. Is that so wrong?

It is if it bothers you when someone doesn’t like you. Says Miriam. I hate her. Miriam. I love her. Too.

Maybe I remind her of someone that she doesn’t like. Ever think of that? There I go again.

I don’t like her. So what. Big deal. If I loved it when people don’t like me wouldn’t that be bad? That’s what I asked Miriam. Yes. That was her final answer. She wasn’t buyin’ it. Stop changing the subject. She warned.

She has power. I said without a thought. Not in my head. In my heart. She can say what she wants. Do what she wants. Act like an ass. Be nice. Be rude. The professor with one good eye. I have to be nice. I have to be good. I have to stay in line or plop. I’ll be put back in my place all over again. She gives the final grade. Suck it up. A or C? College’s care after all. She has the power. I’m powerless to do anything about it.
People don’t always like people. People who need people? Great song. Not the right one though. Love the Babs. But if someone doesn’t like me I might not like it. But. I don’t talk about it for days later.

What does she remind you of in yourself? Who does she remind you of? Why does it bother me so? Miriam asked a lot this time. She peered through her bifocals.

Who knows?

You know. Miriam said without a pause. You control the world. Control freak you are. She doesn’t. You do. But you don’t. Not in her world. It’s not about me. It’s about her. It’s all about you. Oh. That Miriam knows.

I have to think. Really? I am? This Monday with Miriam. I’ll find out and let myself know.

3 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

this is really cool to think about.

there is a guy at work that i can't stand ... and i mean i really can't stand him. he irritates me to no end ... i could give endless reasons why. have an hour?

but .. hmm ... does he represent something in me that i don't like? interesting .....

12:16 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

or maybe he reminds you of someone from your past that you have unresolved issues with?

welcome to therapy raven! lol

7:10 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

no ... i would have NEVER ever ever been friends with someone like him ... he is the consumate egotist ... he talks above everyone ... talks DOWN to everyone ... likes to hear himself speak ... said the word "essentially" 10 times in 10 minutes (and we have timed / counted him doing this) ... and he is the biggest brown-nosing ass kisser i have EVER known in my life.

ugh!!!!!

just thinking of him this Sunday evening makes my skin crawl .....

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home