Sunday, April 17, 2005

Starbucks...

We went for coffee the other afternoon. Just a cup. Of coffee. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Then there was Starbucks.

I don’t get it. Starbucks that is.

I stood in awe. Regular coffee? The clerk was stunned. Just stunned.

Mocha choca lattee over easy with ice on the side. Half crème latte with butter and pancakes skip the milk. Double espressor mocho macho mocha loco poco loco latte with skim.

I was amazed. The orders were impressive.

Do they know what they are ordering? What are they drinking?

If it takes more than 10 words to order it should you?

Just my two cents.

It’s just coffee. Right? Or did I miss something? Where’s Juan. Valdez that is. Regular coffee please. Sweat and Light. (That means milk and sugar although I always add my own. Watchin’ the carb intake dontcha know.)

2 Comments:

Blogger author said...

I don't have a clue what
they are saying.
But my kids do.
And who ever said kids were
allowed to drink coffee?

Mine are teens.
But growing up it was like with
anything else. You have to be an
adult to partake in such vises.
Not anymore, and they know all the
lingo too. I am at a loss.


Thanks for the blog visit,
I'll read up here on yours too !

Rosie is the best I agree.

10:34 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

Venti Mocha .. non-fat, no whip.

that means a large large mocha latte (2 shots of espresso and steamed milk) with 3 squirts of chocolate ... using non-fat milk and no whip cream on the top.

:)

i actually don't like Starbucks because their coffee always seems "burned" to me ... taste and smell. we have another shop out here called PeaBerrys which i love .... very smooth ....

however, it's expensive, so i resort to the Folgers that we have at the office .. adding a big of flavored creamer ...

:)

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home